Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Nail Art, Old Nails

Ah, to be long again. Presently, my nails are nubs. Shameful, weak, and misshapen. I'm trying to get them back square, but they have to grow for me to do that. My left ring finger which is always perfectly square stays a little longer for that reason.

My nails were the envy of every girl at school, gushing over how long and perfect they were and how they loved my color. I was often questioned where I got my acrylics done or if it was Shellac. Using a good top coat and using good polish added to the perfection, too. They were my pride and joy.

But I cut them. Why? I don't know. I suppose I was in the moment. I also shaped them to mirror the curve of my cuticles, as you're supposed to do. But, alas, I want them long and square again. I want the coveted perfect nails that were the envy of every girl.

So here's to reminisce- a picture of my nails for prom. The tiny Starry Nights. On my other fingers is Essie's A Crewed Interest, which isn't a favorite of mine. It applied poorly to me, but O suppose I'll still use it.

The background blue for the petite Van Gogh's is MAC's Breezy Blue from the Chen Man collab, which I'm positive you can still snag online. I like it a lot. I, personally, think MAC polishes are worth my money.

Now, the black and white are Sally Hansen's Hard as Nails Extreme Wear. They're opaque, inexpensive... A good line overall, especially for basic creams that're dupable but necessary.

The yellow and shimmery blue shall remain nameless because those were from those little nail polishes you get in shoeboxes when you were little- they're that size. I'm going to do a collection soon where you'll see all my polishes brand by brand.

The very itty bitty dots on the stars is the very much talked about ORLY Rage. If you don't own it, own it.

But there you are. The Starry Night Nails are a design by cutepolish and I think those would be a fun mani with OPI's Did You 'Ear About Van Gogh.

Well, adieu. In the morning I'll probably post the names and numbers of the black and white and the brands of the shoebox type polishes.

Comment, share, and I'll see you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment