Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Review- Nicole by OPI Khloe Had a Little Lam-Lam

Let's take a moment for me to disclaim something... I really DON'T like the Kardashians. Too much divorce drama. I also don't like when companies slap celebrity names on their products so they'll sell better. As in Sears this last Saturday, I saw that Nicole by OPI came out with another collection dedicated completely to Kim. The colors were pretty decent looking, too. There were some nice looking glitters and a blue glittery one that could compare to Essie's (future) Bikini So Teeny, but I think they could be duped by cheaper brands.

On that note, there are just some colors that I hoard from all brands. For me, that's corals, and colors like these. I don't usually wear greens or blues but I love blue-greens. I love teals. Some comparable shades to this would be Illamasqua's Muse, Essie's Go Overboard, OPI's Ski Teal We Drop, and (limited edition, but you can definitely still get this now) MAC's Screening Room.

In natural light this color just glows and shines, but inside depending on the lighting it can look navy or black. It also depends how many coats you wear; I did two but you could easily get away with one.

This wore five days (with Seche Vite Top Coat & OPI Ridge Filler) before I saw noticeable tip wear. I did wear it for a week and ended with one bigger chip, but again, you could get away with it.

I really hate the bottles of Nicole by OPI's because they're a horror to store. They always take up more room than they need to.

Let's wrap up before I ramble- I'll do a nail update of the two polishes I'm wearing when I have natural light to photograph (rain over my spring break, will you?) but this polish is just standard. Nothing exceptional to me except the color. I wouldn't pick this up if you have a color like it- if you've got 16 bucks to drop and you like this color, I'd say go get the MAC one before it's sold out.

See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment