Friday, April 13, 2012

Review- MAC Pinkly Fresh

Ah, last night brought thunder and lightning and so summoned Friday the 13th. But at least I got some decent light this morning! (I really tried on the pictures, and my hands are really dry looking lately).

Recently, MAC released a collab collection with Chen Man who by my understanding is a Chinese photographer who likes to photograph other women. (Because we rock.)

Her collection was based off of love & water, East meets West, blue & pink.
There were some Mineralize Eyeshadow duo, two sets of matching lippies, a beauty powder, and some other stuff. I picked up both of the nail lacquers, Pinkly Fresh and Breezy Blue.

Pinkly Fresh is a cool-toned pink that pulls a very Barbie look on my skin. It retails for sixteen dollars (ouch) and was launched not too long ago. Stores and counters probably still have it, and online definitely has both lacquers.

I painted my right hand with Pinkly Fresh on April 8th and there are no chips and only tip wear on my index finger, but I'd assume that's from abuse. Also, I used Out the Door top coat which I just got. I think that's helping the longevity.

This does run a little thicker, but that's a pro for some and a con for others. It's not watery by any means.

In natural light it can pull a little more lavender than it is, and in artificial light it can pull a little whiter and yellower. It still looks very Barbie either way, and I wouldn't worry about the tone it pulls. I'm an NC25 with yellow skin (Asian descent) and my boyfriend said this complimented my skintone. I was taken aback.

I'm sure there are dupes, but I didn't have a color like this. That's part of why I bought it. I'm always looking for an excuse to buy more MAC. (But aren't we all?)

Comments, questions, suggestions, leave them down below. See you next time! (which should be soon, I have another review!)

No comments:

Post a Comment